Tuesday 12 December 2017

Minor Project - Garbage-o-saur Reworked

For the design of the Garbage-o-saur I have been looking at the classic, generic American trash can for the basic shapes of the character. Since the animation is set in America I feel as if this makes most sense as it would not fit the environment having a wheelie bin shape for example. I have been working on the design and come down to two rough designs. The main difference between the characters is the characters arms. I wanted the Garbage-o-saur to have small arms as obviously trash cans do not have arms, so this suits better rather then having giant strong arms attached to it. In the two designs I have just a normal straight arm and then a curved chicken wing shape arm. I feel as if the chicken wing shape works the best for the character as it is suited for a dinosaur and the arms aren't overly practical so it fits into the criteria I would like for the character. I also feel as if having the chicken wing arm will allow for easier animation as I would be able to use and IK handle for the movements of the arm.




1 comment:

  1. I like his side-view - he looks sweet and not too scary which is about right I think for your poem. That said, I think you'll need to do a bit more investigation into his mouth/jaw area when it comes to modelling and then animating etc. Those jaws will have to open very wide so my instincts are you'll need to think about his bottom jaw etc in terms of how all of that might work.

    ReplyDelete