Wednesday 1 November 2017

Minor Project - Character Development

I am currently working on developing my main character for my animation. The aim is to create the character in a simplistic style that will translate well to 3D. The simplistic style will fit into the world in which I am trying to create and I feel will work best with the animation. Another bonus to this is it means I will be spending less time modelling a detailed character, being able to put this time into other aspects of the animation. I am planning on having a plain face for the character then using 2D textured eyes, mouth and eyebrows, to fit in with the simplistic style. 

My first attempts at designing the character: 









After the original attempts I came to the character above as the one that I preferred the most at the time. But after speaking to Alan I found out the proportions are off and he also recommended going simpler to help stylise the piece better. From what he showed me and recommended I build on this character and came to a design that I am very happy with.



I am very happy with the design of these characters and the overall appearance of them. I still need to work on them to come to a final character that I am happy with. Once a rough final character has been drawn I will take it into illustrator to crate final images of the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment