Tuesday 11 April 2017

@Alan - Adaptation B - Frog Designs continued and finalised

 After looking through different designs of frog characters and looking back through my sketches I decided to try to design the frog slightly differently (fig 1). I found that these didn't quite fit the character design I want to go for but it allowed me to develop further to get to what I like to think are my final designs in figures 4, 5, 6 and 7. I have received positive feedback from these designs from people i have asked that are within the target audience. I plan on taking these designs further digitally, creating pieces of concept art as well as orthographs so I am able to take the character into maya to start to model him.
fig 1
fig 2
fig 3
fig 4
fig 5
fig 6
fig 7



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian - Numbers 6 and 7 are definitely getting there and are much better. The side is not quite right yet. What I would do next is to clean up 6 and 7 to create cleaner versions. Once you've done that go back to the side view and make another attempt - Now that you have cleaner front views to work from. Time is short Ian so try to get this done as quickly as possible. There is no reason why this can't be done in a couple of hours - It doesn't need to take days. Put your work online and I'll give you feedback / draw over them if necessary. Remember whenever you use a character in a project you need to make a character bible (exploring the character) through drawing (poses / facial expressions etc). So once you have this character front and side (for modelling) try to make extra drawings exploring his personality.

    ReplyDelete