Wednesday 11 January 2017

Character - Reflective Statement

Overall I felt as if this project could have gone better, but at the same time I feel as if it helped improve on my drawing and character designing skills dramatically. When coming up with the initial idea for the project from the sound clip and the environment I did this rather quickly and was set on my idea. From this I had an idea of what I wanted my characters to look like from early on. I think this held me back a bit as I ended up limiting myself as rather then trying new ideas for the character design I kept trying to improve on what I already had. From looking at my initial designs compared to my final I do see a dramatic change in not only the appearance but also the quality. I have previously struggled with drawing characters digitally but found after the work within Justin's lessons, drawing in my sketchbook, this helped me get a better feel of how to draw my characters structurally. I do still wish I could have had my characters developed slightly more but at the same time I feel as if I can see the improvement in my work. With the story boarding I found it difficult to try and keep it to a short amount of frames, as my idea involved a lot of build up. This restricted the amount of detail I could put into it within the limited number of shots. If I was to re do the story board I feel as if I would make better decisions of where to have the camera and what shot to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment